Saturday, November 12, 2011

Get up + Walk.

Wallowing.

I am SUCH a good wallower. It's so easy for me to tell others to get up + walk. Seriously. Stop wallowing. Get up + walk. You are healed. You are set free. Done.

I need someone to tell me that today. I need someone to tell me to get up + walk.

I love my job. I do. I love hanging out with college kids. I love going to weekly RD meetings. I love walking through the quad and watching people throw a frisbee, sit on the benches, or just pass through on their way to class or dinner. I love playing the globe game in the missions office. I'm an expert, ya know. 10 out of 10 every time. Now I'm working on cities...

I was sick this week. Unexpectedly. Severely. And by severely, I mean sicker than I remember being in a verrrry long time. Possibly even sicker than when I was confined to my bed on Easter. I called my mom to tell her I was dying. In not so many words, she told me to get up + walk.

Life post-college is rough. For as long as I can remember, I have had cookie-cutter friends. I don't mean that my friends are cookie-cutter, but they were always there. I never had to make friends. From kindergarten until high school graduation, I had built-in friends in my classmates and sports teammates. College, the girls on my floor, my RA teams, and a few oddballs I met along the way = instafriends. I would say that some of these friends will be my friends for life. Easy.

World Race = more instafriends. You have to live with each other, might as well love each other. Yes, that sounds SUPER cynical. I'm over it. I did love my teammates + the rest of the Q. I still do.

Now...my college friends are all over the country. World Race friends? Forget all over the country - try all over the WORLD.

It's not bad. It's just different. And new. I'm at a different point of life than the people surrounding me. + that's really okay. As I said in an earlier post, I have big dreams. + I know I have to wait for those to be fulfilled.

I'm really good at running. Not in the "I'm training for a 1/2 marathon that I have to run in 2 weeks" way. I'm good at running away. I run away when things get tough. I run away when things are really good - it's in those moments I believe that I will mess it up. Instead of messing up, I decide to run.

A family who, over the past 4 years, has become my family recently announced they are moving at the end of the school year. After their announcement, I asked for permission to run away now. Permission not granted. Oh well. I'm tired of running anyway. I'm still learning how to stay. How to be content in the now.

In other news, my beautiful RA, Shelbi, was crowned Homecoming Queen this week. We all knew she had it in the bag. She's seriously an amazing woman of God. Super blessed to have her in my life. This is a picture of some of the lovely ladies who live on her floor.

This blog is a fun-sucking blog. I'm okay with that. Tomorrow will be better. Tonight = a night with Fran + coming home to ice cream + Mrs. Doubtfire.


No comments:

Post a Comment